Spring Valley is fortunate to have many resources available to help people in need. We encourage you to contact the following organizations when needs arise.
The phone number for the Spring Valley Community Food Pantry is (715)778-5988. For immediate need, please call the Pierce County Food Pantry in Ellsworth at (715)273-2070. They are open Monday thru Friday from 9:30 am to noon and Wednesday from 4-6 pm.
- Addiction: LSS provides an array of services specifically designed to help people with addictions in their recovery journey or to move individuals out of the correctional system, such as:
- Outpatient Treatment
- Inpatient Treatment
- Sober Living Facilities
- Support Groups
- Transitional Residential (halfway house) Treatment
- Treatment for Gambling
- Housing: In cooperation with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), LSS owns and operates multiple subsidized housing apartment buildings serving the following populations:
- Older Adults
- Persons with developmental disabilities
- Persons with chronic mental illness
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Counseling:LSS provides quality mental health and substance abuse services for people of all ages. Our counselors and psychologists help clients build resilience, facilitate recovery and grow – helping them live fuller, more productive lives.
- For more informatoin visit: http://www.lsswis.org
525 2nd St.
P.O. Box 308
Glenwood City, WI 54013
Fax: (715) 265-7031
West CAP’s Homeless Prevention Program provides short-term rent assistance to families and individuals experiencing homelessness, as well as to those who are in jeopardy of becoming homeless. The types of rental assistance available are: security deposit, first month’s rent, or rent arrearages. Income limits vary according to county.
West CAP also provides one-time utility assistance to families and individuals that are in jeopardy of disconnection. The types of utility assistance available are: up to one month of past due metered utility, or minimum allowed delivery of fuel oil or propane.
We host the Memory Café every 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-11:30AM and Social Sundays throughout the winter. Check out www.springvalleystayingput.org for more info and assistance!